The international Iguana Foundation is pleased to announce we are opening a call for emergency funding. Proposals should focus on emergency needs related to Covid 19 hardship. Due to the precarious financial situation that our funding partners are currently operating under we will have a limited amount of funding available. Associated budgets should aim to stay below $5000 but larger amount may be considered in extreme cases.
Please use the downloadable form for your proposal.
Application forms should be submitted to Stesha Pasachnik (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than 30 November. Decisions to be announced mid December and funding allocated in January 2021.
If you have any questions please contact Stesha Pasachnik (email@example.com)
The International Iguana Foundation awards were established to promote and enable iguana conservation through partnerships with scientists, educators, and organizations committed to preserving earth’s biodiversity.
The IIF provides annual project funding to a wide range of species and programs through our grant application process. A Request for Proposals is announced in mid-summer and granting decisions are made by the IIF Board of Directors in October–December.
Preference will be given to:
- Projects that are components of approved Species Recovery Plans.
- Projects that directly contribute to the survival of endangered iguanas and their habitats.
- Projects that are included in the IUCN SSC Iguana Specialist Group’s Conservation Action Plans or are ISG-endorsed.
- Projects that are part of an established conservation program.
Criteria the IIF uses to evaluate project proposals:
- The project has range country participation and has matching funds.
- The project builds on previous work, contributing to an established commitment to a conservation program, or is well suited to become/contribute to a long-term conservation program.
- The project is grounded in sound scientific methodology, is logistically feasible, and has a high probability of success.
- The project has conservation value and a measurable impact.
Conservation emergency funding may be considered, outside of the normal application period, on a case-by-case basis, at the discretion of the IIF Board of Directors. Contact Dr. Pasachnik for details.